Help us spread the bicycle love to others! The Bicycle Alliance of Washington is looking for volunteers to help with a variety of program and operational assignments.
|Tabling at an event.|
We need some friendly and outgoing volunteers to staff tables for us at the following events. Contact LouiseMcGrody if you’d like to help out.
- RAPSody (Ride AroundPuget Sound): August 28, 11am-2pm in Tacoma. This fabulous ride is organized by five bike clubs and all proceeds are donated to the Bicycle Alliance. We need a couple of volunteers to staff a table for us at the finish line in Tacoma to welcome the riders and hand out information.
- PROS (Perimeter Ride ofSeattle): September 5. We need a volunteer with a vehicle to hand out snacks and water at a rest stop in Tukwila, probably around 11am – 2pm. PROS is organized by the Cyclists of Greater Seattle and they’re asking riders to make a donation to the Bicycle Alliance.
- Cycle the WAVE: September 18, 11:30am – 3:30pm in Issaquah. The Bicycle Alliance will have a table at the finish line of this women-only ride and we need a couple of friendly folks to greet riders and talk to them about the Bicycle Alliance.
Our Safe Routes to School program has the following volunteer needs in the south King County area. Contact John Vander Sluis if you’re interested in any of these assignments.
Drivers with pickup trucks:
The Bicycle Alliance is looking for a pickup truck and driver with some flexibility this fall to move our Safe Routes to School bikes and trailer between school districts in south King County. Ideally, we need a truck(s) with a 2 5/16” ball mount already installed. Otherwise, we need a truck that at least has a receiver hitch already installed, and we provide the ball mount and ball.
The Bicycle Alliance is looking for volunteers to help prepare our Safe Routes to School fleet for the fall. The work party will take place during the day on September 8, time TBD. Volunteers need not be skilled mechanics – there will be plenty of chain-lubing, brake testing, and tire pumping for all!
The Bicycle Alliance is looking for volunteers to support safe routes to school programs by providing basic bike repair at school events. Volunteers should be able to change a tire and adjust brakes and transmissions. Dates and times vary.
Two more opportunities with Safe Routes to School—contact Seth Schromen-Wawrin if you’re interested in these:
- Need some creative folks to make signs that will be used for Safe Routes to School trainings. Will probably schedule a work party in late August to build these. Contact Seth for more details.
- Have you been involved with a Safe Routes to School project in Washington State? We’re looking for individuals willing to write a letter to the editor in support of your local program and Safe Routes in general. Contact Seth for more information.
We need volunteers for all kinds of tasks at our annual auction on October 22 in Seattle. This is our primary fundraising event and loads of fun! Contact Matt Lyman if you’d like to give us a hand.
Be a guest blogger
Passionate about a particular bike issue? Want to share your joy of bicycling with others? Submit a guest blog post to the Bicycle Alliance blog! Contact LouiseMcGrody with your story idea.
Monthly work parties
Help us with our monthly mailings and other administrative tasks at the monthly work parties at our Pioneer Square office in Seattle. The next work party is August 25. Contact Jay Steingold for more information.