The Bicycle Alliance board approved a set of 2012 legislative priorities as recommended by the Legislative & Statewide Issues Committee. Our agenda will include:
- Continued support of HB1700, which carries over from 2011 and would encourage higher-quality bike and pedestrian facilities by allowing greater flexibility in design standards.
- Continued support of HB1217, which would give cities and counties the authority to establish 20 mph zones on some non-arterial streets to lower accident rates and protect vulnerable users.
- Work with other non-profits to support a transportation funding package called Transportation for Washington.
- Work with WSDOT and others to support funding for the Complete Streets bill passed in 2011.
- Use 2012-2013 to see if there is support for a 3-5’ safe passing bill and, if so, build a coalition of support.