The Online Voice of the Bicycle Alliance of Washington


Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's in a Name?

Do you name your bicycles? I have many friends who do.  The name usually has a fun story behind it, like my friend's touring bike, named Trigger after Roy Rogers famous horse. Or Big Red, an aptly named fully stocked red commuter bike. I tried for years to come up with a good name for my orange Trek, however, no matter how hard I tried, nothing seemed to fit. Over the years, some bikes have come and gone, like the 1984 black Schwinn, that I named Big Brother. And then there's my new bike, named Fred, after my Dad's middle name, Fredrick. Still to no avail I can't come up with a good name for the Trek. The poor, abandoned and neglected Trek.

Any suggestions?



If you name your bikes, how do you decide what to call them?

What are your bikes' names?

2 comments:

  1. My Marin Sausalito is named "'Lito", even though she's female. How about naming your Trek "Spock"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Try".... the name of your Trek. Yep. It has been 'trying' to tell you... It obviously tries everything you ask it to do... look at the photo, what is on the ground in front of the bike?! I have two bikes, one is called Daffy (black w/elongated fenders) and the other is Ladybug (Red cross-fit Schwinn)

    ReplyDelete