The Online Voice of the Bicycle Alliance of Washington


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Bike: Tell Us Your Story!

The Bicycle Alliance of Washington wants to put a personal face on bicycling when we talk to elected officials, corporate supporters and the general public.  We've dubbed this effort the I Bike project.

Would you like to tell us your story so we can share it in support of our mission?  We may tell your story on our website and other forms of electronic media, in our print publications, or at presentations and outreach events.  Email me at LouiseMc@bicyclealliance.org with the following information:  your name, city, occupation/what you do, your bike story (why you bike, where you bike, why biking is important to you, etc.), and a photo of yourself.

Today I'd like you to meet Denise Jones.

I Bike: Denise Jones

Denise Jones lives in downtown Bellevue and works at the Microsoft office in Seattle's Pioneer Square.  She bikes to work 2-5 days per week.  While her job can be very stressful, Denise has her commute to mellow her out.

"I cycle because it's the greatest freaking sport on earth.  What other sport can combine your workout and your commute at the same time?" points out Denise.  "I love my bike.  I pledge allegiance to my bike," she adds.


Another bonus of biking has been weight loss.  Denise dropped 30 pounds and now wears a size 6.  Her husband thinks that's pretty cool. Denise is also an international traveler and sent us this photo of her biking in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment